German Dictionaries - Ding and BEOLINGUS
The Most Up-to-Date:
- BEOLINGUS - A Website - https://dict.tu-chemnitz.de/
- BEOLINGUS is an online dictionary website
- Ding is an open source Dictionary lookup program for the X window system which contines a German-English dictionary data file and published under GPLv2 Lisence.
- MacDING is an open source reimplementation of DING by Frank Richter as a native Mac OS X application.
- The MacDING project is hosted on SourceForge at https://sourceforge.net/projects/macding/.
- Its last update is on 20130409.
- Unfortunitely, it doesn't work on the new macOS Catalina.
BEOLINGUS is an online web dictionary service currently provided by TU Chemnitz supported by IBS and MIOTU/Mio2 but already since 1995.
As given in the FAQ page:
May I download the wordlist?
Yes, you may download the German-English dictionary text file (but it is not updated very often). This word list is subject to the GNU General Public License, Version 2.
Which proves that BEOLINGUS is a successer of Ding.
As given in the About page:
The German-English word list is © 1995-2017 Frank Richter and available at GNU General Public License.
As the new online web dictionary services, BEOLINGUS extends DING.
The result for translating "Ding" from German to English is now as the following image shows.
It is the beginning of above BEOLINGUS.
Originally, Ding is a Dictionary lookup program for the X window system (Linux, Unix - not for Mac or MS Windows). It comes with a German-English Dictionary with approximately 326,000 entries. It is protected under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation.
The newest update of DING is on 2016-09-06 as Version 1.8.1 which result in a English-German dictionary with 345,000 entries.
The page for introducing DING maintained by the creator Frank Richter is at https://www-user.tu-chemnitz.de/~fri/ding/.
The screenshot of translating "Ding" from German to English on Ding is as the following.
And apperantly, it is slimer as the above screenshot of BEOLINGUS.
Auf Deutsch - Wörterbücherdaten
- Spanisch–Deutsch-Wörterbuch für Ding
- Norwegisch–Deutsch-Wörterbuch für Ding
More open data can be found following the information provided in the Wikipedia DE Page - Ding: Dictionary Lookup.
* cached version, generated at 2020-04-14 19:38:05 UTC.
Subscribe by RSS